2009-04-13

Million pictures of a spicy river

Ganges
Pattern: Popped!
Yarn: Handmaiden Casbah
Needles: Knit Pro 2,5 mm

To me these socks are turmeric and curry, flowing rivers of Indian spices. I love the color!.

 

I also love the pattern. I used the first (free) version of the pattern and just now noticed the new (nearly free) version being available. I managed fine with the free one, but if you feel intimitated by turning heels and so on, maybe you want to spend four dollars on more detailed version of the pattern.

I love the subtle changes in teh yellow. Notice how different the sole looks from the twisted upper side of the foot.

I only knit two repetitions of the chart for the leg as I was worried I’d run out of yarn.

I still have plenty of yarn, of course.

I wonder who on my gift list would be worth a pair of golden socks…

No, really, I need to think about foot circumpherence as these really won’t stretch at all. Maybe my sister will be the one to get these.

No comments: