2009-04-16

Clown barf socks

Pattern: Own plain vanilla sock
Size: ~44, European
Needles: 3,0 mm Knit Pro
Yarns: Nalle Colori and Lanett (held double)

Ugh. I am taking part in a Finnish charity campaign. We knit socks for people in the margins of society, mainly for the homeless. The socks are distributed through a very well-known organization, which for ages was a one-man struggle against poverty and prejudices. Now the founder’s son has taken over the work after his father died. They serve food and shelter and socks will be very welcome.

I’ve knit two pairs now and will try to make a couple of more pairs. I know the clown barf socks are ugly as hell but I hope the colors will be appreciated by someone whose world lacks colors as it is.

1 comment:

Lori's page said...

Hello again, I find your socks wonderful, I do not know how to knit socks so if I'd receive a pair of yours I'd be extremely grateful. I really think they look warm and cosy, and I think they will be very much appreciated! Have a good weekend, and well done, one day I might ask you to teach me to knit socks. Your wool stock is enticing. Love, Lori xxx