2009-02-14

A pair of mitts (for me!) and a hint

I finished a pair of fingerless mitts for myself – it will be quite cold here for a couple of months still and I want to take pictures outside. Thus new photographing mitts.

Mittens
Pattern: Does not exist, really, I just improvized.
Yarn: Indie Dyer 100 % Fingering Merino, from a Finnish sock yarn club
Needles: 2,25 mm KnitPicks Harmony

The colour sort of reminds me of orchids or some other exotic flowers. Stunning turquoises and vivid rainforest greens plus the strong pink blooming throughout the canopy. Jenna, once again – fantastic job!

I practiced a bit with the camera’s remote, but as you see, the results are a bit funny. Maybe you’ll be able to focus on the gloves even though the pictures always don’t…

 

 

I am very happy with these.

And then the hint I mentioned in the title. I am one pathetic addict and my drug is Etsy, so that’s what this is all about.

As I’ve said: Buy handmade when you can (and support the economy too). Buy recycled. Buy from ethical producers. I stumbled upon one seller who meets all these ’requirements’: The June Bride. She sells many things from vintage buttons to fabulous animal-eared baby hats. My favorites are her felted flower brooches made from old sweaters. Not only that she buys much of her materials from charity shops, she also donates 100 % of the profits to charities. Check out her profile for more info.

1 comment:

Prunila said...

:) I like the color and form of your mittens very much... I hope soon it will be spring. Hugs!