2008-12-16

Wollmeise!

The second Wollmeise package was delivered last week. If yu haven't got yours yet, do not scroll down! :)

I still haven't knit anything from my Wollmeise yarn. I am too stingy - having seen their price on eBay and such I just can't open the packages. It's not like I plan to sell them or anything, no, but I need to have a SUPER plan before I cast on with Wollmeise :)

The pictures will follow shortly...

Here they are. You have been warned.

This is where they dwell. In a large glass bowl on top of a dining room cupboard. Five skeins is all the bowl can hold, so before the next package I need to knit some of them.

On the left is a skein of La Digitessa, the others are from the sock club. The December package contained the third skein ("Saami") and the fourth skein ("Jultomte")

The theme was childhood memories. These memories have to do with Christmas and of Lapland - the native people in the Lapland of Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia are the Sami people, hence the name Saami. As a Finn this made me very happy.

We also got small cookie cutters, some candy and a yarn sample. I was absolutely thrilled.

Not all the members seem to be in love with Saami as it is rather striking, but I love it.

No comments: