2008-12-29

Perfect Christmas

I had the most wonderful Christmas. Yes, I celebrate Christmas even though I am not Christian, and don't feel bad about it. As I've said, every reason to love and cherish each other is worth a celebration, and even though Jesus is not divine for me, I sincerely appreciate his teachings.

I managed to avoid all stress and rushing this Christmas. The gifts were ready in time - well, except for my father's socks, which I steamed on Christmas eve right before we left for my parent's. We had time for everyone, my older Granny was pretty much herself and happy, my younger Granny wasn't mean and no-one was drunk. Woo-hoo!

Everyone who got hand-knits from me seemed to really appreciate them. I gave five pairs of socks, six hats and two child-size cardigans. I must admit I was a bit surprised myself - I have never been able to stay focused on and excited about anything this long. *pat pat* Go me!

Only one picture today, and not knit by me either. My hopefully future mother-in-law knit me these for Christmas. I didn't knit anything for her and I felt bad, so I cast on a pair of Maelstroms a couple of days ago. She deserves socks knit by someone else. Everyone does.

No comments: