2008-08-22

The smallest garment and other stuff

Iih, I've got some new yarn!

This is what I got from the Secret Wool sock club (It's a Finnish yarn store, so I won't link it here). It is Indie Dyer yarn! If you don't know Indie Dyer, she is Jenna, the daughter of the Cherry Tree Hill yarns' Cheryl. The yarn I got is basically the same as CTH Supersock Merino, but of course dyed by Jenna. And I love CHT yarns!



I finished a cloth I'll take to the shower with me. It is linen stitch, a new pal of mine. Looks nice, on both sides. Basic cotton, crocheted edges.



And what's this? The yarn is super cheap but ok Finnish 50/50% blend of cotton and acryl. But... it doesn't look like anything...



Ok, now I get it - it's a baby hoodie for my cousin's baby, who is due in March. I think I'll have to make it a bit longer, though. I have no idea how big babies are and I am aiming for a size that fits a baby 2 to 3 months old.



And just a glimpse from our home. Here's how I store my favorite sock yarns:

1 comment:

The Dyer said...

Lol I was looking through my notices about who had mentioned Indie in the blogosphere and stumbled across your blog. I can't believe you blog in English and Finnish. That's amazing. Hope you liked the yarn.